Saturday, August 6, 2011

Preparation for Ramadan

It seems like I can only update SIN once a month but it'll surely be wrong if I update it regularly - a definite Sin.

My list of books are piling up after my last visit to Kinokuniya but for now I had to pick only 1 book for the spare time - How To Live Safely In  A Science Fictional Universe by Charles Yu. I kinda judged the book by it's cover but wouldn't you want to know how to survive in the science fictional world. It does seem interesting but I kinda side-tracked by another purchase.





 
It's the fasting month and somehow it became a ritual that I get a game to play to make time pass faster till breaking fast. Ignoring that I have a new book to read, I intentionally bought a game still - Final Fantasy XIII. Yes the game was released ages ago on PS3 which I was envious about because I only have an Xbox 360. And after Microsoft released it on the XBox, it was only on the NTSC region. So I gave up and they purposely released it on Asian region. So after a long while, the game was released on the Ultimate Hits which was cheaper. Alas, I gotten it as my time-waster for the month of Ramadan.





Caramel, Iced Caramel and Mocha
 While I glued my eyes on the screen throughout this Ramadan, I was concerned for my regular Starbucks fix. After breaking fast, I foresee the laziness to go out for coffee. Thank goodness my friend asked me if I needed anything while he was in the states. While reading, Starbucks Onwards, I'm truly curious to try their ready-brew coffee, VIA. So I've asked my friend to get the flavored coffee.

Verdict: A great substitute for the usual latte and mocha. Though the additional flavor isn't that distinctive but it still works the punch. I'm still figuring out the proportion for milk and water for a great substitute but so far all is well but I've only 5 sachets per pack. Time to ask some stewardess friends to get for me.

No comments: