Monday, January 2, 2012

Technological Advances

2012 was greeted with a faulty PC keyboard in which I accidentally a cup full of water on new year eve. So the first day of 2012, majority of the keys were useless and I was unable to continue with my blogs entries which pisses me off.

So after a festive baby bath (which my cousin was uber thrilled that I attended), my family planned on going to Ikea Tampines. I took the opportunity to sneak  to go to Courts and search for a perfect keyboard. Majority consist of a mouse which I found no use of because the current mouse is still functional and I do have 2 spare. So I ended getting just a simple keyboard with a certain ergonomic shape.

One would require quite awhile to accustom to the unique shape but the button pressing is favorable and smooth. Worth the while and the money spent though I would have wished that the Apple keyboard could be used on PC.


I've also been eyeing to get an attachment for my Kinect in which I've been under-utilizing. Due to a small room space of  HDB apartment even though my room is arranged spaciously, I've been playing my Kinect at a very odd angle. With the Kinect Zoom, I'm able to view the screen and sensor at the same angle and not at 2 different angles where my head is facing the TV screen and body towards the sensor.

And with a modified Kinect sensor, one would have bought a Kinect related game but one is wrong. I did thought of getting the 2012 Your Shape game but the shop PlayBoxx that I've bought the Zoom was out of stock. The game that I've been searching elsewhere was out of stock but the Playboxx has it. Alas, I've gotten Assassin's Creed Revelation. I've planned on getting the limited edition but like all my other limited edition, it took up too much storage space so I'll stick to regular edition.

For now, I'm happy with my purchases. Something I can spend more time at home rather than at work - an ease in typing my blogs, a space-constrained work-out and continuation to a favorite game series.

No comments: