Saturday, February 25, 2012

Frustration Impulse

I've always wanted to get another console on top of my Xbox 360 plus Kinect, Wii and PC. So the missing link would be a PS3. I recalled encountering a second hand at an affordable $199.

Work was a bitch one day so I decided a little therapy by getting the mentioned second hand. Upon checking, the $199 was the first edition of PS3 which was the bulky one. There was the newer slim version at $269. The sales guy recommended me to get the new piece which is only $100 more with a 1 year warranty covered by Sony. After much consideration, I chose the new set as it has a clean memory unlike the pre-owned which I have to reformat to get it clear.
The ah-beng sales guy tried his luck to get me to a add in a bundle sale at $60 for a cooling fan, HDMI cable and a blue-tagged games. In total original would cost an average of $100 plus. There wasn't a game I need because most of them I've completed on PC or Xbox but found un-tagged Uncharted: Drake's Fortune at the same price as the blue tagged. He managed to put that in the bundle instead hence I accepted the offer.
My principle in games is that I should only buy games upon completion or near completion of a current played game. But I did encountered some difficulty attaining some back dated games. Not repeating that mistake, I've ventured out to find the true purpose of my PS3 gaming - Heavy Rain. Along the way, I've managed to find a pre-owned copy of Uncharted 2: Among Thieves.
Sadly, I have to put aside my purchase till I complete my current FFXIII-2 on Xbox. Then I have to re-arrange my entertainment center to place the latest addition. And not forgetting to find the time to play on top of my 2 months timeline to polish my Hangul, a few unread books on shelf, and possibly the start of school in July. 

No comments: