Monday, January 7, 2013

New Windows

While helping my buddy set up some furniture in his new abode, we were talking about iPad Mini and whether the two of us should be getting it. I still feels that the iPad should be big enough for me to read my comics and watch some shows on as these were my main usage for the iPad.

Somehow, I had that thought of getting it when I returned home until I realized that I needed to do something to my current PC first. I had the current customized PC for awhile but the system is slowly crashing due to my brother's gaming modifier which crashes some files. Majority of my programs were corrupted and I had to repair the OS.

I did want to convert to the latest Window 8 but wasn't sure how the interface was like. I haven't had much review from anyone and hadn't even tried it first hand. One thing I know for sure is that Microsoft is selling it at $49 for download/upgrade and $89 for the Window 8 Pro version. Both are at $200 off till end January.

Can't help it, I went to Sim Lim in search of the installer and a monitor but couldn't find them at the reduced price nor a good monitor. I returned back to Tampines and got it at Challengers Tampines One. Damn, shouldn't have traveled so far.
There was a free thumb drive too but it didn't really matter. After a whole day sitting in front of the PC setting up the OS, I am finally satisfied by the smooth functions of Windows 8. Now I'm looking into my next to be faulty monitor and wondering whether to have 2 split screens for the PC. Hmmmm....

No comments: