Saturday, December 6, 2014

Pre Holiday Preparation

Finally the semester 2 exams are over and like every other year, I have a winter holiday planned. Looking at the current weather pattern, I will not want to be caught off guard like how I did for Beijing at negative 16 degrees.

I have only 1 winter jacket that is sustainable for such condition and I would need another. My other jackets are more towards a cooler and not freezing climates. I can sustain up to 10 degrees in normal clothing. After much consultation, I've ended up getting the Uniqlo's Ultra Light Downs which is versatile as an inner and outer wear. I was lucky enough to get it during offer together with a heat tech socks.
Accessories would also help and I went ballistic at Daiso. For $2 each, I grabbed as much accessories  considering the wear&tear conditions.
One habit I would take up going to a foreign land is to prepare myself with their language. I actually have a few of the language books but I had to get another. The Making Out series have a good content which are either useful or cheeky.
PS: I'm not posting the destination until I'm there
I really can't wait for the day for flightgasm. I won't disclose the location until I'm there. For now, I'll just share some off topic book purchase.
Since I've ventured more into Islamic studies, I've been recommended a set of books called Lore of Light. I'm a sucker to being a member to bookstores and I've gotten a great amount of discount privilege for these books but the first book is out of stock. Not sure whether I can start reading without the first series.

No comments: